Knowledge Organisers - Autumn
Knowledge organisers are a summary of the key facts and essential knowledge that pupils need about a unit of work or a curriculum subject. We want every pupil to be able to recall the information on these sheets off by heart by the end of the unit and regular practice at retrieving knowledge will help it stick in their long-term memory.
These are some ways that your child can use their knowledge organisers at home:
- Write questions to ask someone else at home
- Ask an adult to make up questions for them to answer
- Ask an adult to give them the answer and they must come up with the question
- See how much knowledge they can remember in 2 minutes. Can they improve each time?
- Teach someone at home about the knowledge on their knowledge organiser and then quiz them!
- Draw a mind map of the knowledge on your knowledge organiser
The key to success is to repeat this regularly over the week. It is also important to keep revising the information that has already been learned in previous weeks to keep it fresh in the memory.
We are confident that these knowledge organisers will help children to develop their knowledge on a wide range of topics and also improve their vocabulary. This, in turn, will make them more confident when answering questions in class and help them to develop their reading and writing skills.