Our Vision and Values
Empower all children to develop the confidence and perseverance to succeed.
To embed a structured and progressive approach to learning that puts the development of positive learning attitudes at the heart of a balanced, broad and challenging curriculum.
Our curriculum will:
- Connect every topic to a book in order to expand children’s immersion in language and development of vocabulary
- Follow a two year rolling cycle to allow staff to specialise and support the planning and delivery of high quality learning opportunities
- Incorporate curriculum entrance and exit points that provide exciting and inspirational hooks for learning
- Ensure all children are provided with a breadth of education that aligns with our Curriculum Charter and enriches children’s experiences of life
- Reflect and record the progress children make as part of a co-constructed learning journey through each cross curricular unit
- Celebrate and promote the rich cultural and diverse heritage links reflected in the school community
- Encourage children’s personal, moral and spiritual development alongside their physical and mental well being
- Support children to be responsible and thoughtful learners who can work productively as part of a team or independently as required
- Promote opportunities for whole school topical units and cross phase learning that celebrate success and enhance the learning culture and identity of the school
- Creatively make purposeful connections between areas of learning and ensure opportunities to incorporate core subjects are progressive and routinely harnessed